BGS Application Server
The BGS is a data-rich organisation with over 400 datasets in its care, including environmental monitoring data, digital databases, physical collections (borehole core, rocks, minerals and fossils), records and archives.
Our data is managed by the National Geoscience Data Centre. This server contains a subset of the applications BGS provides to make this data available online.
- Data Price calculator
- Eruption source parameter (ESP) database
- Lexicon of Named Rock Units
- BGS Maps portal
- Non-coal Mining Plans
- Offshore Wells
- Onshore Borehole Materials
- Publications viewer
- Rock Classification Scheme
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) portal
- Taxonomy online - Carboniferous spores
- Taxonomy online - reduviasporonites